Saturday, February 28, 2009

For the Love of Lord Baltimore! Landscapes of Baltimore by Crystal Moll

Never there were more beautiful painted landscapes of a city than the ones of Baltimore painted by Crystal Moll.

IN my way to get money from a ATM to pay off a debt with my psychiatrist, I was lucky enough to come across a solitary and lonely flyer announcing Crystal Moll's exhibit. I was even luckier to just go to it after a last minute decision while making some copies in a Kinko's in Glen Burnie.

I and my wife drove 20 miles away from Baltimore (thank God she wasn't PMSing anymore) in a adventure to find painter Crystal Moll's house. We had no idea if the paintings would be any interesting , all we really knew is that complimentary wine would be provided. Knowing that a glass of good wine is much more expensive than two gallons of gasoline, off we drove.

Now, I have to say something, I came back from the exhibit inebriated. Inebriated not by excess of alcohol (because I don't drink anyway. I am crazy enough already. I don't need no chemical help thank you very much). I only drank the beauty from the, as said before, most beautiful painted landscapes I've ever seen of a city. I am glad that the city in those pictures (most of them, at least) was Baltimore.

Crysta Moll, as I understand, has been compared to Edward Hopper. In my humble opinion (Actually, you know by now, my opinion is never humble), she is much better than him. A Edward Hopper's painting doesn't make life any better. Crystal Moll's paintings are life itself. Edward Hopper's paintings have people in it, and who like people, anyway? Crystal Moll's paintings have no people, and mostly no cars either. One get to see beauty and just beauty, without someone with their ugly face in it and without a car parked in front of your face.

Summarizing, take your head out of the hole of limited intelligence where you keep it, and go find some of Crystal Moll's pictures (All you have to do is to click on the damn links above). If you die without seeing any of them, your eyes weren't worth having, and the worms will gag biting them after your death.

If you don't love yourself enough to go see the pictures, do it at least for the Love of Lord Baltimore.

No comments:

Post a Comment