Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Best Macaroon of the Whole Known and Unknown Universe

I was vehemently decided to write today about two eminent figures that are (or were) related to Baltimore. There were dumbly forgotten in yesterday's list: Francis Scott Key (A guy who enjoyed writing songs while other people were used as cannon targets) and Michael Phelps (The World most famous marijuana user. No, wait. That is Bob Marley. What is Phelps famous for again?).

Anyway, I was going to use this page to write about history and refined culture. That won't happen though. This afternoon I happened to stop at a new coffee joint in town and eat the best macaroon in the whole known and unknown Universe. While eating that macaroon, and because I ate it, I saw Jesus, the angels and all the saints singing Amen.

For the one who thinks that Baltimore sucks, you should know that Baltimore rules big time. But, if you still insist on thinking that Baltimore sucks, I tell you to eat the Cafe Justo's macaroon. The joint is at 501 S Broadway in whatever-that-neighborhood is called. That one macaroon alone is gonna change your opinion about the whole city. Your miserable life won't turn around. You will remain the same old dumb piece of rag. But, you are gonna actually love yourself for the first time ever for giving yourself the gift of going out and eating that macaroon.

That macaroon is the Heaven that all holy books talk about. Moist, sweet, nurturing, with several layers of different intense heavenly pleasures (dense dark chocolate, moist coconut, sweet condensed milk, nurturing pieces of nuts, and everything else that makes one blissful and enlightened). Too bad I didn't die while eating that macaroon. I would have died with my soul saved from the pits of hell, and my life deemed worth by God.

The Cafe (Cafe Justo - 501 S Broadway - Baltimore, MD) is inside a laundromat. That laundromat is a universe apart itself. That makes the Macaroon a universe apart inside a universe apart.

I'll talk about the Laundromat tomorrow. Don't bother me with that now.

By the way, the photo above is not of the macarron (If you waste your time reading my blogs, you are the kind of person that need this kind of explanation). It is a cafe latte skillfully and beautifully prepared at Cafe Justo. See the flower? No? You need glasses and a higher IQ, then.

OK. Now you go out and make Cafe Justo rich buying macaroons. That way I may get to eat their macaroons for free.

P.S. I am sorry, really sorry. I know I offended many people out there. But, you shouldn't be wasting your time reading my blogs anyway

Bye bye and so long. Good look choosing blogs to read next time.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to let you know the cafe is no more. The owner told me the sole operator of the cafe was an awesome girl but had too much work for one person. She is much happier now having a life outside a counter and is learning "herbs and healing stuff" in Baltimore. She wanted to open a cafe but could not find suitable partner to run the kitchen.
    Alas I could not have The macaroon.

    ReplyDelete